Saturday, July 25, 2009

A Big Week

What a week it has been! I finished the last of my Personal Training exams with a 95% result in Business. I should have my Professional Practice completed and ready to hand in by next Friday, as well. Otherwise, Monday.

Tuesday morning my gorgeous friend Pinky took me out for breakfast. We went to il Vizio in Leichhardt and it was FANTASTIC. I ordered the fresh fruit salad with muesli and yoghurt which was massive and the hot chocolate I had with it was the most luxurious I've seen outside a chocolate cafe! Pinky enjoyed the il Vizio breakfast of bacon, eggs and turkish with grilled tomato. She took photos, too. Now why didn't I think of that?

Thursday night Hayden took me out for the fondue chinoise at Suissotel restaurant JPB, as it was blogged on Grab Your Fork and the 2 for 1 special is ending. It truly does represent amazing value and was immensely enjoyable. Mustard fruits are indeed an oddity to be experienced!

Dinner preceeded the show "Meow to the World: Crisis is Born" which we saw at the Opera House Studios. Hilariously funny and beautiful, energetic and charismatic, Meow Meow was fantastic. The only problem was that the show started at 930pm - when I'm normally going to sleep. It was an uphill battle keeping my eyes open.

The food adventure continued yesterday, when I met my legendary mates of FIA fame, Lauren Albon and James Raftos, for lunch at Corelli's, Newtown. We had intended to meet at Macro Cafe, but found to great dismay that it had closed!! We all enjoyed the fish of the day - grilled Barramundi with mango salsa. It was an absolute delight.

Last night I performed an energetic jazz/exotic routine to Suck My Kiss by RHCP at the "Nothing to Wear" designer markets in Newtown. My preparation for this was pretty last minute, but it came together in the end. If only there had been more people there for me to infect with my bounciness! Thanks though, to my fine friends that did attend.

Pre-performance I have a sugar-hit ritual. Courtesy of Hayden, last night this was a triple chocolate mousse cake on a cheesecake base. Pinky got me a soy mocha to go with it. After the show, Cecil, Mark, Conny, Llinos, Hayden and I headed to Saray for the finest Pides Sydney has to offer :).

This afternoon, Hayden and I will be joined by Matt and Tammy for 2 for 1 mains at the Red Oak boutique brewery. This is a lead up to 2 events - the first being a performance by the Tigerlillies at the Opera House Studios yet again; the second a visit to Baskin Robbins for their two NEW flavours of sugar free ice cream!!

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM!!

Don't worry, I did an aerobic power training session yesterday morning and did the bay run after work this morning. I work for my food safari!

After tomorrow's 15km run with my running group (2 weeks to city2surf guys!), I'll be heading in to Balmain with Avanti and Swah for treats of the Adriano Zumbo variety...

Watch this space ;)

Xx Deb

1 comment:

  1. I woke up at 8:30 this morning and swore, too late to join your for the run! :(

    Mark.

    ReplyDelete