Saturday, October 17, 2009

Taking Stock

Just because I still can't run doesnt mean that life isn't wonderful! It definitely is. Just have a look at the weather we've been blessed with the last 2 days. 


I, in particular, have been blessed as I've been able to enjoy that weather fully. Yesterday I walked with Conny from The Spit to Manly and today I walked myself into Haberfield to check out Primavera - part of Crave Sydney. 


Yesterday's walk was long, hard, magnificent, spectacular and limitlessly rewarding - 11km in under 3 hours. It was also the last time I will see Conny until her return from Switzerland in January 2010. But today was pretty special in its own right.


I became familiar with my 'hood. I walked streets, tracks and paths that I didn't know and hadn't explored. I felt like an adventurer and it was awesome. I had set off after my team meeting at Personal Best and I discovered a new universe in my very own backyard. I enjoyed every moment of it, all on my own.


Had I only remembered to wear sunscreen whilst out walking in the middle of the day, I wouldn't have come home, fallen asleep and woken up reincarnated as a lobster. Oops.


In news of things foodie, Hayden and I have started a weekly trip to The Big Brekky. Its close to home, listed amongst the top ten cafes in Sydney, and for good reason. We're lovin' it. Hehehe. 


And looking further back, Wednesday evening we attended the Merivale Ash St Long Table Dinner - a 120 person communal dining experience as part of Good Food Month. It was INCREDIBLE. The best value meal we've ever had - $50 a head and the food was exceptional, bountiful and the wine flowed as if it were water.


Looking forward, tomorrow we'll be walking to check out Summer Hill Global Village and preparing for the week to come. I'm also hoping to go swimming with Trogdor.

Next Saturday we'll be off to Byron Bay and - GOOD NEWS! - my lovely physio says I'll be in shape to run the 10km!! I'll be slow, I'm sure, but I'll BE RUNNING!!! I'm so excited I could EXPLODE. Seriously. Put your rain coat on - there's real danger here.


Now that I'm onto the topic of running - which we all know I HATE discussing ehehehehe - listening to The Runner's Round Table podcast about barefoot running on Thursday afternoon whilst I walked from Wynyard to Leichhardt has me DESPERATELY hanging to get into the Vibram Five Fingers store in Waverly. As far as my xmas list goes, they are no. 1! I must find out my size. The podcast did inspire me to splurge and indulge myself in a copy of Born to Run, which should arrive in my hot little hands next week.


Now, as I'm so bummed about not having been able to participate in the World Wide Festival of Races last weekend, I am determined to actively participate in this years Sydney Summer Twilight Series and encourage you to join me! I'm thinking that Sunday Brunch runs will take place on the alternating weekends throughout summer and start at 8am to avoid heat stroke, with distances between 8 and 15km.

Llinos and I will be racing in the first annual Run4Fun at Homebush on November 8th - please have a look at participating, the best thing about running is the community. Be part of something bigger! There's no donation plate here...


Before I wrap it up, I have to give myself a bit of a plug. My domain has been registered and is currently under construction and a business is being built. The hard yards truly have begun.

A massive THANK YOU to all the people who have joined my Facebook group and fan pages! I'm completely ecstatic and overwhelmed by the support on there, but a business doesn't run on online fans alone. I need CLIENTS and I need to fill the group session I'm teaching, which are detailed on the fan page. Please come along to a class, refer me to a friend, or book in a PT trial session! The first one is free, how good is that?!


I should probably keep it shorter next time, huh?

<3

1 comment: